Wednesday 13 November 2013

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Review

I was lucky enough to get to go to a special preview screening of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire in London's Leicester Square on Friday 8th November. After having my phone and tablet taken off me, I was then frisked and had a metal detector thing run over my body before I was admitted into the cinema with hundreds of others. After my lucky escape from being strip searched, it was time to settle down to watch the eagerly anticipated sequel and adaptation of the second of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games novels. The film did not disappoint.


In fact, with my ludicrous levels of expectation for the first film being way over the mark, I was going into this quietly hoping but not expecting a huge deal. I was fortunately blown away. My full review of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is published here at the Starburst Magazine website and will be in a future edition of the print version of the magazine.

I have been desperate to shout about how good the film is but have been gagged by an embargo until Tuesday of this week. I've never been the biggest fan of new director Francis Lawrence's work but this film now has me much more excited for the future of the Hunger Games films. The fuel he pours on this franchise ensures it will continue to burn furiously until its fourth and final film.

Jennifer Lawrence scorches the screen, proving exactly why she is the current queen of Hollywood and I think this may just be the best science fiction sequel since Terminator 2.


Head over to Starburst to read my full review of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire right now! It's out on 21st November and is well worth a watch!




More reviews at I Love That Film:

Don Jon Review

Machete Kills, The Conspiracy, Snitch and more

Ender's Game

Sunshine on Leith Review

How I Live Now

Filth

The Call

Rush

The Lone Ranger

You're Next

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.