Friday 12 April 2013

Box Office of March, Mathieu Kasovitz's Rebellion and Marlow FM slot

My second box office report for Tastic Film has just been published covering the biggest box office hits of the month of March. Check out the box office report here. Family friendly fare unsurprisingly took the lead this month and I'm looking forward to hopefully writing about more horror success stories like the Evil Dead remake in April. It will also be interesting to see how Spring Breakers does with its clear mainstream appeal but also experimental and art house elements.


My review for Mathieu Kassovitz's Rebellion is also up at Filmoria today. I loved the film and am glad to see director Kassovitz back on form. I'm also going to be participating in a roundtable interview with the director on Sunday which is absolutely terrifying but also incredibly exciting. His La Haine is one of my top 3 films of all time so I will have to resist the urge to not just ask him about that and keep questions focused on Rebellion. It probably would not be very professional of me to try and get a photo with him or get him to sign any of my copies of his films but we'll see how it goes! If you have any questions for Mr Kassovitz, then please drop me a comment and I'll try and ask them!


In other exciting news, I've just been given a regular weekly slot on a local radio station called Marlow FM,  to talk about upcoming films. You can listen to Marlow FM here and I should be on soon after 5pm today if you want to check it out. It's very exciting to be on the radio and I'm looking forward to telling the people of Marlow what films to watch out for at the cinema every week.

If you live in London, you can go to a Q&A with Mathieu Kassovitz on Sunday at three different venues. Here are my tweets and links to where you can get tickets. It also means you get to see the film almost a week before general release!



Q&A with #Rebellion and #LaHaine director Mathieu Kassovitz @picturehouses Hackney 2pm Sunday!!! Get tickets here http://www.picturehouses.co.uk/cinema/Hackney_Picturehouse/film/Rebellion/

Q&A Screening #Rebellion director Mathieu Kassovitz @ODEONCinemas  Covent Garden 4pm this Sunday! Get tickets here http://www.odeon.co.uk/fanatic/film_info/m100564/Rebellion_Q_amp_A_With_Mathieu_Kassovitz/

#Rebellion #LaHaine director Mathieu Kassovitz at Cine Lumiere 6pm this Sunday! Get tickets here http://www.institut-francais.org.uk/cine-lumiere/whats-on/new-releases/rebellion/


Any questions for Kassovitz, then let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join me in conversation! Please leave a comment on your own pondering.